Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Topic

I chose to argue the positive effects of music on the brain. In recent years many steps have been taken to learn more about how the brain works and what drives it. One of the many things that had an effect on the brain was music. Both playing music and listening to music have been shown to increase scores on spacial reasoning test in young children and in adults. This effect has been deemed the "Motzart Effect". The validity of this theory is being argued by scientists around the world. I chose this topic because music is one of my passions and really interests me. I also have been interested to see if it can really make me smarter after I first heard about this theory a few years back. There is much controversy surrounding this theory becase many scientists believe that simply listening to music can boost your intelligence level. The reasearch question is: What are the positive effects of music on the brain?

3 comments:

  1. Really interesting topic! I've heard of similar scientific studies myself, and I've always been interested in finding out more about how music affects us. I'm sure you're going to do this, but make sure all your sources are scientifically credible - it seems like the kind of a topic that there would be a lot of pseudoscience about. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had only known music had some sort of effect on the brain; I had never heard of it having any effects on intelligence. Furthermore, that there was a controversy surrounding the issue is fairly surprising. The topic sounds interesting, though. I'm especially curious to learn what kind of esperiments they've performed to test this theory, especially if it is only an effect produced by long-term practice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice topic =)




    ....get new shoes

    ReplyDelete